Every once in a while, we meet someone that really just wants to change the world for the better. This is what we see in our Oregon bat removal technician, Eric Stout.
He is humble, kind, helpful, and truly goes the extra mile to solve a bat infestation problem.
We like him and we know you will too.
Eric Stout, Oregon Bat Removal Technician
How long have you been with GBO?
- Two years, but 18 years in the Pest Management industry
What areas do you service?
- Oregon and Washington State normally. Occasionally other states if needed.
Where are you from originally?
- Born in Astoria, OR and grew up on the coast and later the Portland Metro area.
Any fun childhood stories about your hometown?
- As an elusive two-year-old I wandered off from home and wound up 1/2 mile away. Of course, my parents were besides themselves trying to find me. Fortunately, our family dog had followed me, and then I followed him back! Everyone should have a dog:)
Any fun bat job stories?
- Yes! My very first project for Get Bats Out. A different pest management company had been hired to exclude a large bat colony from a homeowner’s attic and bat-proof the house. That company didn’t like clean up though, so we were hired for the guano remediation/attic restoration. As soon as I got into the attic (expecting the bats to be gone) I looked up……about two feet from my face were about 60 bats that were not too happy with my headlamp shining on them. It was one of those “uh oh” moments, and the next thing I know they are flying all around my head! Needless to say, we had to go back over their work and find all the places they missed, which the bats had used to regain entry. The homeowner was just happy they were finally gone!
Do you speak any other languages?
- No, just English. I did try to learn Spanish, but it’s pretty broken, but I would like to finish with Spanish because it’s so useful.
What was the last good book you read?
- The bible was the last good book that I read.
What values are important to you?
- Golden rule, put others interests ahead of your own, take good care of your family. Be hospitable, honest, trustworthy and hardworking. Always do your best. Mean what you say and follow through on it. Go the extra mile.
What’s one thing you have learned from a client?
- Talking with clients and hearing them out about their concerns has helped me to have more compassion for them. Just because I’ve become used to being around bats, doesn’t mean everyone is, and their feelings and fears are real, and valid. After all, it’s their home.
How did you get started with GBO?
- I was working as a volunteer trying to exclude several bat colonies from the large campus of a nonprofit organization. It was too big to handle on my own. GBO Michael Koski and Brian Conn answered the call, volunteering their time, coming halfway across the country to train and assist. That was my introduction to Get Bats Out. I could tell it was a good company that I would like to work for. I was happy to later join the team.
What is your favorite thing about bat work/Get Bats Out?
- Getting to travel through beautiful countryside and meeting a variety of nice people. Also, being able to study bats is actually quite fascinating. Also, problem solving in challenging situations. Most of all, seeing the relief on a client’s face after the bats are gone and their home is safe and clean. That gives me a lot of satisfaction.
What is your favorite city in the US and why?
- Canby, OR. It’s home. Small town, you feel safe, and you everybody knows everybody.
What is your favorite thing about Canby, Oregon?
- Family oriented town with many community related activities.
What keeps you motivated?
- Helping others as much as I can
Canby, Oregon Bat Removal from the Best
We feel honored to have Eric as a part of the Get Bats Out team. We have every confidence that he will solve your bat issues. After all, he’s already fixed the other guys mistake on his very first solo job…
If you are ready to get rid of a bat problem, call us today.
Your local bat removal expert,