Occasionally, when we are doing a bat removal project, we will pull in helpers and safety personnel. These employees typically don’t have any experience in bat removal, but are people we see tremendous potential in.
Peter Long happens to be one of these individuals. He is an extremely hard working, dedicated young man that does a phenomenal job in New York and the East Coast bat removal areas.
While he hasn’t been with us long, he has already proven himself to be an intelligent, skilled, and hardworking young man.
Your New York and East Coast Bat Removal Expert
How long have you been doing bat removal work?
- I’ve been with Get Bats Out for a little over a year now.
What areas do you service?
- I am based out of New York, but I service the east coast region from Virginia to Connecticut.
Where are you from originally?
- I’m originally from Maryland near Ocean City.
What’s your favorite childhood memory of Ocean City, Maryland?
- Back in ye olden times we enjoyed campfires on the beach.
Any fun bat job stories?
- It’s always fun. Well, most of the time. 🙂
Do you speak any other languages?
- Hablo español un poquito
What was the last good book you read?
- I read Mankind’s Search for God. It’s pretty good. It talks about the history behind the various religions around the world and their commonalities and why.
What values are important to you?
- I’m one of Jehovah’s Witnesses and as such I do my best to live my life by the Bible’s standards. As Jesus taught, I try to treat others how I would like to be treated. I take part in the same preaching work that Jesus instructed his followers to carry out, that of preaching the “good news of God’s Kingdom.” -Matthew 24:14
What’s one thing you have learned from a client?
- Understanding the problem can be just as important as results.
How did you get started with GBO?
- I began after returning home from a volunteer construction project in Warwick, New York. I was referred to Get Bats Out by a family friend. The first project I worked on was in Reston, Virginia on a large commercial bat removal project we did at a condo complex. It lasted for about ten days and was a great learning experience. I got to work with, and get to know, Michael Koski personally and definitely got a great foundation for learning about bat removal there.
What is your favorite thing about bat work/Get Bats Out?
- I enjoy working outside. Working with bats requires a healthy respect for nature and life which is very in line with my personal values.
What is your favorite city in the US and why?
- I think my favorite city is always where I am at the moment.
What is your favorite thing about living in New York?
- The city I live near currently is next to the Hudson. It’s very beautiful.
What keeps you motivated?
- I enjoy working hard, but my motivation is to work to support my time teaching others from the Bible.
Thank You, Peter!
Thank you Peter for taking some time out of your day to tell us who you are.
Our customers place a lot of trust in us to perform their bat removal project and let us into their homes. We recognize and value this. We aim to put your mind at ease by getting to know our technicians before they even show up at your doorstep.
Peter can be found helping out on bat removal projects from Connecticut to Virginia. New York and the East Coast area are lucky to have such a wonderful young man that cares so much about his work and his personal values.
Your Local Bat Removal Expert,