The midwest is a little batty. We don’t mean that to say the people are crazy, we literally mean it’s a little batty there. There are more bat infestations in Indiana, Illinois, and Ohio than in most of the other states combined. So if you are in need of Indiana bat removal, you are in luck!
We stay really busy here. We also have the honor of having one of the best Indiana bat removal guys you could ask for covering this area for us.
John Martinez – Senior Technician for Get Bats Out in the Midwest
How long have you been with GBO?
- Around 10 years.
What areas do you service?
- Indiana, Ohio, Illinois and wherever else I’m needed.
Where are you from originally?
- Huntington, IN Born and raised, been here all my life.
Any fun childhood stories about your hometown?
- When I think back about my childhood I spent a lot of time doing outdoors things like swimming and rafting down the Wabash river. Me and a friend would get dropped off at one point and take air rafts downriver and then find a payphone to get them to pick us back up. A couple times we took supplies with us and camped overnight on an island.
Any fun bat job stories?
- I was doing a job a couple years ago that was giving me problems. When I have one of those I do what I call a sunrise vigil. I show up to the site 45 minutes or more before sunrise and watch the bats as they come back to roost. On the way to this house there was dense fog. My assistant “Robin” and I were kind of thinking we wouldn’t see anything considering the weather. But by that time we were committed and got ourselves settled in for the watch. There was still very dense fog all around the house while we waited. First we saw one or two bats flying around the area but before long there were hundreds flying all around the house and very close to our heads.
Do you speak any other languages?
- I took 3 years of French in High School but I wish I had taken Spanish because it would be more practical to use. I hate not being able to communicate with people.
What was the last good book you read?
- I don’t actually read books very often. I listen to audio books all the time when working and driving. The last one I “read” was Agatha Christie – The Clocks. I listened to it on my motorcycle ride back from visiting my Mom in Florida. 1000 mile ride each way.
What values are important to you?
- I like to think of myself as a spiritual man, so spirituality is pretty high on my list. But honesty, loyalty, reliability, not being self-centered, and thinking about others are also pretty important.
What’s one thing you have learned from a client?
- That most people think they know how bad their bat problem is, but it’s usually worse than they know.
How did you get started with Get Bats Out?
- I was a window cleaner. My cousin lived in Colorado and knew Michael Koski. Michael was needing someone in Indiana and my cousin called me and asked if it was ok to give him my info. I said “sure”. I figured I’d try it out at least. I already had the ladder and the experience of climbing around on houses. I’m glad I did.
What is your favorite thing about bat work/Get Bats Out?
- I like doing work that people appreciate. The people in the company are great to work with also.
What is your favorite city in the US and why?
- I don’t think I have a favorite city. If anything it would be Huntington since I seem to always come back to it.
What is your favorite thing about Huntington, Indiana?
- It’s a small town but has everything (Walmart, McDonalds, etc.) and is within easy driving distance to anything else. I don’t have to worry about crime or any other major disruption to my life. I know the town very well and feel like I belong.
What keeps you motivated?
- I enjoy the work I do. I think it fits me well.
Indiana, Illinois, and Ohio Bat Removal From the Best
John was born and raised in the area. He understands the unique challenges homeowners in the midwest face when it comes to bat removal.
Don’t fight a bat infestation for years. If you hired someone else that didn’t solve your problem, don’t lose hope. John has solved many complex bat infestations that others had failed at.
If you are ready for the best to get rid of a bat problem, call us today or click below for us to call you.
Your local bat removal expert,